Terms & Conditions
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- When you sign up for our Personal Notification Services we need only an e-mail address – which we use to send the information you requested.
- If we hold a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We personalize your shopping experience by using your purchases to shape our recommendations about the gems, jewelry and minerals that might be of interest to you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the store.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the web site, new Palagems.com services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, simply let us know via e-mail.
How does The Collector protect customer information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure sockets layer (SSL) technology encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
What about “cookies?”
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide features and to store items in your shopping cart between visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, including placing items in your shopping cart and purchasing them.
Will The Collector disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
That’s an easy one. We do not. Period.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. The information we collect on the site is used only to make shopping at The Collector possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.